Hello There, Guest!  

Unable to change Wordpress password. No email received

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

martin  

Threads: 4

I forgot password for my wordpress website. The password reset feature doesn't work because I don't receive any email to my hotmail address. Please help me recover my site. Sad

durand  

Threads: 1

Homail has a very strict sending policy, many times they block legitimate emails. You can try logging into cPanel, click on phpmyadmin icon, open the database of your wordpress site, open the "wp_users" table, replace your hotmail address with a gmail address. Then you try resetting password again. You may receive the system email into your gmail address.

thomas  

Threads: 0

An alternative workaround is to change the password directly by editing your database: Login to phpmyadmin, then navigate to wp_users table. Click on EDIT, then type your new password to user_pass row, and select function MD5 from the dropdown list. Then hit GO button. You can then login to your wordpress dashboard directly with the new password.

martin  

Threads: 4

Thank you, I changed the admin email address and could reset the password on the website. I think it is a better way, because my site can notify me through email when needed.

thomas  

Threads: 0

The best way to fix the problem is to inform your web hosting provider they their server cannot send email to hotmail addresses. It is likely their IP has been blocked by hotmail. Ask them to clean their IP from blacklists.

bernard  

Threads: 1

(07-24-2017, 06:30 PM) thomas Wrote: Ask them to clean their IP from blacklists.

It is not really true. We encounter the same problem with hotmail. Our server IP is not in any blacklist. When we send email from the server, the server mail log showed that the email has been successfully sent to the hotmail address. But we never receive the email (in both inbox and spam folders). It seems hotmail intentionally and silently trash emails that they think they are spams.