Hello There, Guest!  

Do you read reviews before buying shared hosting, do you trust them?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

stevenson  

Threads: 2

As a regular hosting buyer, I always read reviews before placing orders with any new company. However, from my experience, the reviews that I read seldom correlate to the real personal experience. How about you? Do you read and trust those online reviews? Exclamation

thomas  

Threads: 0

I totally agree with your point. Internet is a place of freedom. It is free for anyone, including customers, hosting company and competitors to raise their voice. Relevant parties can pretend to be a customers to put a positive or negative reviews on a hosting provider. These review definitely are fake and should not be trusted.

After many years in hosting industry, we have about 1000 customers. We have spent our highest effort to serve them, and we are pretty sure all of them are happy. But yet, we still haven't a review anywhere in the internet. Real customers are busy with their websites, they think providing a good service is a normal thing. They only put negative reviews when something happens.

robert  

Threads: 0

If you are reading a positive review, almost 100% of the time the review is created by the hosting company. If you are reading a negative review, you can probably put some trust on it, but keep it as a personal experience, don't let it affect your buying decision.

Everyone has a bad day, and as what thomas said, regular user take "good service" as granted. They only jump to online forums/blogs to complain if it is out of the norm. A hosting company may provide good service in 100 days, but only a few hours of server issues can make their customers very unhappy and they can get some negative reviews.

durand  

Threads: 1

Yes, you are asking about the most painful thing in web hosting industry. Hosting companies know that clients always read through reviews before placing any order, so they and their competitors create reviews to promote their business and bring down other company's business.

Most clients are novice, they don't know about this simple trick

bernard  

Threads: 1

This industry is very saturated. It is easy to enter web hosting business, and it also very easy to get failed. Reviews are created mostly by the hosting companies or the competitors. It is so easy to influence the buyer through these reviews. People can hire copywriter to write different reviews and put them on famous forums. They also hire other people to chime in, participate, discuss in their favor, in those reviews.

My experience is don't trust the reviews. You should avoid a host ONLY if that host have many negative reviews