Hello There, Guest!  

How to deal with bad customers

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

durand  

Threads: 1

We have been providing shared hosting business for a few months. Suddenly recently there was a customer who just signed up with us, then after a while he posted a negative review about our service on a public forum, that the server is "extremely overloaded" and "massive slow". We are of course very unhappy with this customer. The funny thing is we did a few tests to measure page load of his site, and the page load time to the test servers are always about 1-2 seconds. As a hosting provider, how do you deal with this customer?

thomas  

Threads: 0

Why don't you just cancel his order and refuse service to him? It is unacceptable to attack a host immediately after signing up. It is likely you are getting attack from your competitors.

martin  

Threads: 4

I think you should just cancel his service and move on. The client is so selfish and inconsiderate. Everyone has a bad day. You are very unlucky to have such a bad client.

durand  

Wah, it is very bad. We have just checked google and see that review got to position 1 in google result about our service. This is definitely very detrimental to our business. Guys, help me, how to overcome this. I don't want to give up this business so easily.

bernard  

I have seen so many miserable stories such as yours. If anyone says it is easy to do hosting business, he probably don't know much about this field. This field is not much about technical problem, but it is the most important to know how to handle bad reviews.

You can cancel the order since he is incooperative in the first place (by not opening a ticket to resolve the problem internally). But you need to issue a refund and shows a proof that your service is not bad.

In addition, when you have a negative review that is in the top of google result, you should spend money to do marketing, ask your existing customers to share their experience about your service in other websites/forums.

Gradually over the year, you will have a mix of positive and negative reviews. And that would be good enough to sustain your business.